Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Message From Wynne

I haven't posted in a while - honestly, it's been a rough few weeks. I haven't felt great some days which has affected my sleep, slowing me down a bit more. We took Syd to Temple last week for her tummy scope - no ulcers or other serious problems found which is great news - she's now on a new med for irritable bowel syndrome and the Dr. thinks it might just fix the problem for good - fingers crossed. She was back in school the next day.

I am not cleared to drive yet - I took about 4 1/2 hours of tests w/ the neuropsychologist to test for driving and other functioning as well. I struggled w/ some parts but they tell me they can probably help rehab what is needed. This will be my last week of speech therapy and I'll keep focusing on fine motor skills for my left hand in occupational therapy. My speech has certainly improved since the stroke, but is still a bit slurred and slow, especially when I'm tired - and I still can't shake this Texas accent! Also I still have to work more on my facial muscles. We're having to make some big family decisions about work and living arrangements, etc. I can't currently take care of myself independently, much less Syd too, so we started the process to sell our house and look for a place in Ft. Worth so things will probably move pretty fast now. We'd like to start Syd in a new school in January. It is a lot to absorb, but I have faith in the process and will just have to let it unfold how it will. We'll certainly be glad to have our family all under one roof again! It's been a long couple of years! Anyway, that's the latest - Oh, I came across this quote by Harry Chapin and thought I'd share it....

"Be involved with the people with the live hearts, the live eyes, who are committed to something,"

So, peace and love to all my friends and loved ones with the live hearts and live eyes in this holiday season!

Wynne

2 comments:

Kim T. said...

Wynne:

It is impossible for me to convey all you have taught me here at Twin City Mission; and even IF I could, I would not have the time to delineate it all...

I was (am) working on ESGP grant and found something that was 'missed' and was a bit surprised I was the one to find it; even Doug commented. I told him that you were looking over my shoulder and pointed it out because I couldn't fathom how I would have caught it otherwise.

You make me want to be a better person: not just as a 'worker bee' but spiritually as well. We have had our moments, bumping heads (probably more than you may have liked) but you always tempered the instruction w/enough REAL empathy that I was able to 'get over myself' and learn the lesson. It brings to mind one of my (new-found) favorite adages: When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Thank you for the lessons, for the time you gave when time was the least of what you had to give, and for all you have done for me, our coworkers and for everyone whom you indelibly touched w/your caring spirit.

You will be missed, but your family will enjoy the time you give to them. Please keep in touch w/us.

Kim T.

Anonymous said...

let me know what is going on and I'm very close and will be glad to help with the transition to fort worth. I love you guys!