Sunday, November 23, 2008

Message From Wynne

Sunday, November 23, 2008 (OK - I type the full date because I'm showing off that I actually know what it is now!!!!)

I am worn out!! I spent much of today going back through some of the emails I've received from many of you these past weeks. I started trying to answer a few back - didn't get too far. Typing with one hand definitely slows me down. I just can't say enough how appreciative I am for all the kind thoughts, prayers and support - they really lifted my spirits, yet again - amazing what a simple, sincere word can do to help heal.

ok, so this is funny - I asked my eye dr about replacing my lost left contact lens and wondered if he knew any tricks to inserting and removing a lens with one hand . He said he had heard of dipping your fingertip in marshmallow cream first and it would allow you to grab the contact - then just rinse the lens after. Seriously! We finally settled on ordering a miniature plunger for the eye. I suppose I can give it to Syd for her dollhouse when I'm done!!

My eye test showed some loss of vision on the left peripheral field of my right eye and a lesser amount of loss on the left peripheral field of my left eye. He didn't recommend anything at this point but said sometimes the vision will return in about six months. So that is hopeful.


Russ' folks are coming up from San Antonio for a few days for Thanksgiving. Syd was very excited to place 4th place in oral reading during the University Interscholastic League competition (i.e., a scholastic competition covering the entire school district) on Saturday. She read a Shel Silverstein poem. Her friends’ Georgia and Kassidy also won medals (for storytelling and math). Mom & Ed went back to Oklahoma Friday to check on my grandma, go to various appt.s and to see OU win against tx tech. I don't know what we would've done without all their help. We were glad to see Russ (and even our crazy lab, Casey), again and happy they get to stay the week.

I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving - I certainly have much to be thankful for.

Peace,
Wynne

2 comments:

Michelle Barnett said...

Wynne and family -

I hope you have a GREAT Thanksgiving! You are right, we all have a lot to be thankful for. You have a very loving and awesome family and tonnes of people who care about you! Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to remember those thing's and eat way too much food!!!!! That's my favorite part!!!

I hope you have a great holiday with your family!

Take care
Michelle

Bette Prenoveau said...

11/24/08

Hi Wynne:

Thanks for taking the time to keep update progress and contact info. I love reading your notes....you might think about writing a book of your experiences. You are funny and paint a good picture of what you are experiencing. It is easy to connect to what you are saying. I am glad to hear your continuing progress. I looked up the information on strokes and thank you so much for that. Strokes run on both sides of my family...so I get checked often but have never seen the quick list on how to detect and the information about getting help immediately. Very helpful. I will work on calling and setting up a time to visit. Sounds like you will have a good week with Russ home. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday.
Love,
Bette Prenoveau