Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Message From Wynne 11/18/2008

Thanks for tracking along with me - so sorry I haven't been able to respond to all the emails, cards, etc. It isn't for lack of appreciation - each of your words. I have been very surprised at how tired I get and how quickly I get that way. I overdid it Saturday trying to clean my laundry room and was out of commission on Sunday as a result. Therapy and dr visits seem to wear me out physically and mentally but I am continuing to see progress. I was able to tap my fingers very lightly last week - you have to look quick or you might miss it but it was encouraging. Not much movement in my thumb yet and very little sensation has returned in my face or forearm but I'm having to take no narcotics for pain - only the Lyrica for the nerve pain and tylenol for muscle pains so I'm glad for that. I'm not too excited (actually, am a bit anxious to be honest) about having a chemically induced stress test tomorrow to further check my heart. They don't really think that is the root of the problem but want to check it out nonetheless. My step dad has talked me into only worrying on Tuesdays, so I'll get it out of my system today. Today is, in fact, Tuesday...smile.

I asked my neurologist yesterday to show me my MRI so I could see what the heck was causing all this mess. Wow - it was pretty darn big - they had told me it was a massive stroke but I really wanted to see it for myself. They also tell me it is possible for other parts of the brain to take over functions that were lost so that is what I am visualizing - I just need to be very patient and very persistent with the process as it occurs.

Syd's team won their last 3 volleyball games last night so their season is now over but she had a great time. I've been eating very well - nothing like mom's cooking! Ed keeps me working on my left brain as we solve all the world's problems. They'll go home Friday to catch the next OU game on Saturday, but Russ will come back and will be here all next week - Syd and I will be glad to see him. Well, that's all for now.

Love and peace,
Wynne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ya Wynne,

I am so glad that you are posting on this blog, it helps me to have some resolvement...sounds weird but I worry.

I had my 2nd post op visit only to be told that I have some other issues ( minor) but dammit, getting older sure wears one out!

I hope that you learn soon that doing housework isnt good for you-
just give it up-

The coat & blanket give away went well. Just in time for this cold front.

Thanksgiving Feast is gearing up- we H&H employees are ready to serve!

namaste,
s

Steven said...

Morning you ol' pirate you! Glad to hear of your ongoing progress. It is slow and I am sure painful but I haven't found many things in life that are truly valuable that ate not. TCM is well...TCM. We all miss you, I miss talking with my friend.

Kathy has decided to put on hold her previous decision for the present which we are all pleased with. I may have to go back to Baylor b/c of some very unusual lab work. Not unlike many of the things you are experiencing, I may not want to but no other choice.

Smile once for me...thank you, that's better.

As you know very busy right now at H&H, just not the same without...Wynne.

yours,

steve