Sunday, October 19, 2008

10/19/2008 PM

Overall, Wynne has had a great deal or tiredness today. She has been sleeping much of the afternoon and hopefully is getting sleep she needs to recover. Our big questions still have to do with why this happened. We are still waiting on some blood work to come back to see if Wynne has certain types of protein deficiencies which can lead to strokes. They are also planning to do an esophageal echocardiogram to look at heart a bit more closely to ensure that there is not a problem that allowed a clot to go to the brain without benefit of being filtered by the lungs. We hope to get some answers soon.

Blog note: I found out that folks were having problems leaving comments – I have since changed the settings and hope that that will allow comments to be posted. Sorry to those of you who have tried to make comments before – I’m new at this and am still trying to figure things out. Will update more later.

R

4 comments:

suzanne said...

Hi Wynne and Russ,
We send out positive & healing vibes to you guys...and of course: LOTS OF LOVE!
We will see you soon ( Sandra and Suzanne from the Bridge visited you in ICU but you were asleep).

Sheryl said...

Hi Wynne, Russ and Sydney,

I wish we could come down there and visit you. Just to let you know, We have you on our daily prayer request that our pastor sends out via email and it reaches many.....

Love you guys and missed you this past reunion. You have to come to the next one....It will be a blast...

Love from Bliss, Sheryl and kids Oh,I am a grandma... (Rene had her baby Boy John David on Sept. 18.) I will send you pictures if I didn't already. Can't remember so you might get them again.

Sheryl said...

Wynne, Russ and Sydney, Hello from Kankakee....Bliss and I just want you all to know your in our thoughts and prayers daily. I hope this comment makes it. I tried a couple of times, but don't know what I am doing so, I will try until it makes it to you....We really wish we lived closer so that we could visit you. I know there are plenty of family near by and am sure they will be there....Well you get better so that you can enjoy this coming reunion. It is in June now, so hopefully everyone will be able to do this year. It was pretty sparse this past one.

Hugs and Kisses from Bliss & Sheryl

Unknown said...

Russ, please tell Wynne we have been following her progress on the blog and have been so concerned for her. Even though we've never met her she is a social worker so we already love her an you too! I'm so relieved she is doing better but finding the cause is critical. I don't know if you remember that I has a stroke last year suddenly with no previous problems. It lasted a few minutes but left no lasting effect except right hand weakness for a week or so. The test that found he problem was the Transesophageal echocardiogram which found a tumor on my heart. Call me if you want more information. I'm writing this from my phone and I'm not great at texting. We will continue to keep wynne in our prayers Julia Dunaway and Crw SWS