Monday, October 20, 2008

10/20/2008

Wynne is more energetic and seems to be feeling much better today. They performed the transesophageal echocardiogram today and found no problems with her heart that could have resulted in the passing of a clot to the brain. As Wynne couldn’t eat before her test today or for 2 hours after (1:30 PM), I managed to get some Whataburger cuisine (highlighted by fries & a vanilla milkshake).

So…we are now waiting on her remaining blood tests to come back to see if she has any of the protein deficiencies that are associated with causing stroke.

It also appears that we will be in Room 221 at College Station Medical Center for another night as we wait for completion of the paperwork to allow Wynne’s transfer to St. Joseph’s Regional Health Center.

A question came up as to which email accounts Wynne is currently reading. As of right now, Wynne has not been able to get to her own emails (work or home accounts). Hopefully that will change in the coming days. At present the only email address we are reading is:

russwood1@earthlink.net

Alternately, I believe there is a link on the blog to send an email to this address. I’ve been reading all of these incoming emails and blog comments to Wynne – they continue to lift her spirits and we thank you for the tremendous amount of support we have received.

All for now.

R

1 comment:

Faith said...

I'm so glad to hear Wynne is progressing so well! I've been out of town & unable to read the blog since last week, and I'm really relieved to see that my absence from the state has been so good to her. (= I hope she gets moved over to St. Joe's soon. I'm looking forward to hearing more stroke humor. (=

--Faith (from Wynne's bunco group)